Wondering where to begin when it comes to confronting ageism?
You’re in the right place.
Some navigational tips:
To see all resources, click on each category on the Home page.
Use Search () to pursue a topic or find a specific title or creator.
Most resources have a link to an external site. To go there, click on the resource card's picture or on the arrow-within-a-circle icon.
Each resource has its own page (often with the creator’s contact info and related resources). To see it, click here.
Some entry points:
How ageism affects different groups/identities:
- LGBTQ people:
- Age Pride: Ageism and the Queer Experience
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Ageism in the Black LGBTQ Community
To dig deeper:
- WHO - Global Report on Ageism
- This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism
- Ageism Unmasked: Exploring Age Bias and How to End It
How to communicate about aging & ageism:
- Gaining Momentum: A FrameWorks Communications Toolkit
- ¿Cómo comunicar sobre las personas mayores?
- Challenging Ageism: a Guide to talking about aging and Older Age
How to advocate effectively:
Ageism in the workplace:
- Combating ageism in the world of work
- The Value of Experience
- The Harmful Effects of Ageism
- Ageism and health: What Can You expect at your age?
- Everyday Ageism and Health
- Research of Becca Levy